Monday, January 12, 2009

Hunger

Hunger
©Purely Cynnefull Designs




The hunger wants, feels, and needs so I enjoy the ride.
It's something that I can't deny
The hunger consumes my every being,
Urging me to go with the feeling.
The hunger expands, growing everyday.
Always striking me in the same way.
This feeling makes my blood boil hot,
Trying to change me into something that I'm not.
It warms my body,
Just like something that's naughty.
This thing ignites an almost hidden desire,
Driving it with an uncontrollable fire.
The hunger craves my curiosity,
With an urgent feriousity.
My soul cries out with all its heart,
As the hunger slowly tears it apart.
The sweet pain courses through my veins,
Like someone pulling tight on the reins.
This hunger is not something I want right now,
It frightens me, but I don't know how.
I want to understand the gift it has for me,
In all of its seductive ecstasy.
I'd like to know what it needs,
So I can perform its nasty deeds.
It’s meaning is unknown,
But something I should have known.
Everyone has the hunger, they just don't it yet.
When you see the signs, it has already been set.
In the end, you'll lose and won't win,
Because after it sucks you in,
It only becomes delectable sin.

© 2008 Ashlee Elizabeth Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment