Thursday, February 12, 2009

Battle Won

The battle within his heart has been lost.
Hatred and anger have won.
Love that I had felt emanating from him is now gone.
The happiness and contentment once felt is no longer.
Selfishness has taken over his entire being.
Forcing me into silence and tears...

I look at my Love's hollow shell,
Seeing his physical appearance as the person I love
But the eyes are colder; harsher
Words louder, crueler and meaner than normal.
Proving to me once and for all that the warmth disappeared.
My love has vanished...

Turning into pure resentment
Towards the person that he loves...

© 2009 Ashlee Elizabeth Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. I love emotions and that poem was passionate. I felt every word. Go ahead and nuff said. I like the irony of th title. You make me miss writing poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing poetry is like my soul pouring forth from me. For me, emotions is what makes a poem worth writting. If you cannot feel it, then you are not doing your job as a writer/poet to convey the scene that is playing within your head or recalling a memory from your life. Tamara, I hope you pick up writing poetry soon... = )

    ReplyDelete