Monday, January 12, 2009

Haunting Memories of Yesteryear

I thought I saw you out of the corner of my eye.
Smiling your usual half smirk at me.
Letting me know that everything is okay.
For a moment my heart burst into tears
Of happiness and joy...
Feeling a sudden warmth of my skin
Like the sun kissing it for the first time...
My eyes glistened trying to hold back the tears
Asking myself, "Was that really you?"
My head turned completely,
Hoping that my eyes weren't deceiving me.
You weren't there.
My heart sunk into sadness once more.
You've been gone for over 2 painful years now
Since that drunk driver ran you over...
Yet I felt you were just here in this room with me.
Smiling your usual smirk at me.
Letting me know that everything is okay...

Copyright ©2009 Ashlee Elizabeth Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment