Sunday, January 18, 2009

Purely Cynnefull Design Questions...



Many have asked me where my inspiration comes from when I create... and why I call my works Purely Cynnefull Designs.


Well... To answer your questions:


My inspiration comes from everything around me, my mood and the photos that I have taken. Usually, my creations have a central theme with a lot of imagination. Since I am a person of much depth, I need a canvas that will let me have multiple layers to get across my idea/concept of the picture. Nature is my biggest pool of reasources to choose from since there is so much to reveal. Sometimes, I just see a picture and know that I want to use it for my next piece of artwork. Other times it's a process of trial and error. Rarely, do I create a picture from my poetry; it has been known to happen.



Purely Cynnefull is a play on words. In old english cynne is pronounced "kin" making it Purely Kinfull Designs. One day it just came to me: Showcasing the two sides of a person's heart; the pure, the sinfull and the struggle inbetween. So depending on how you look and read my name you will get either one. It goes deeper into the duality of good and evil; within us, all around us and what we choose to do with that knowledge inside our hearts.


I have only uploaded the "Property of: Ashlee Lindsay" creations due to people not giving me credit for my work on their sites and passing them off as their own. There are .jpeg pictures of my artwork without the text on them; they are on my hard drive. Yes, the text is an eyesore and does take away from the artwork but it is necessary! It pains me having to show my creations in this manner, but at least this way people can't take them without my permission. I use my real name for obvious reasons over them...

No comments:

Post a Comment