Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What is PURCYNNE: Poetry?

Many people have asked me:

What PURCYNNE: POETRY is... and why is it different from the labels POEM, POETRY?


Here is the best explanation that I can give to you:

PURCYNNE: Poetry are like my journal entries of my life. They reflect the raw emotion that is my life and how life experiences/ situations affected me at the time that they occurred. The poetry contained as a purcynne: poetry are intensely personal and are sometimes even hard for me to read after I have typed them. They cover a wide range of topics just like my emotional spectrum of feelings do. I write poems to express most of my feelings; cause often times I do not have anyone to tell these things to. It is rare that you ever see me write a poem with a pen and paper. My method is to type them out on the computer where I can just create them; not worrying about spell check. I do that at the end later. I think as fast as I can type so it is actually easier for me to type then write.

The name itself is Purely Cynnefull put together to make "person." I am a pure writer by nature and was lucky enough to have an English teacher that opened up my mind to Natalie Goldberg's book- Wild Mind: Living the writer's life. This book helped me to write my first thought and that is why my poetry can be felt with such an emotional impact.

It was a big deal for me to share these poems with others due to how close they hit home for me. But I thought to myself, "Maybe these poems could be of some use to others..." That gave me the courage to share them with the readers of Cynnefull Gardens.

They are still poems and poetry but the are my life story and that is why it gets it's own label.

Why haven't I written my own book of poetry yet?

Honestly, I wouldn't know how to organize them into a book. They are all saved on my hard drive and begging for me to put them into a book but there are so many that it is overwhelming to figure out how to make them fit cohesively into a book.

Another thing is that I am constantly creating poems and would feel horrible if I published a book that was missing an essential poem that I wrote after the fact. I tend to do that a lot with my poetry. Some of these poems are such that I would have to explain where they came from and the why... which I have not done for the majority of my poetry works.
Some of my works have been on poetry.com but other than that... I keep them to myself till now.

No comments:

Post a Comment