Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Life's Hidden Message...

Life-
What is she trying to teach me?
How much do I need to learn?
I feel her invisible hands
Sculpting me,
Molding me,
Shaping me,
For what purpose?
For what end?
What is it that I am suppose to be preparing for?
Which lessons do I need to learn from?

Life-
So many lessons to be bombarded with
To test the kind of character that I have formed
Seeing the person that I am to become as a result of this assessment
Wondering when all of this is said and done
How my tone of voice will sound
With what resonance will it carry?
Is my head held up high?
Trying to figure out the depths of my emotions from behind my eyes.
Envisioning what my eyes will say about me and my life...

Life-
So meticulous in the way that it pushes me;
Making sure that I am the best person that I should be
Forcing me to learn from my mistakes
Teaching me to accept full accountability for my erroneous actions
Learning and applying from my past to ensure a better future...

Life-
Is she friend or foe?
Helping or hindering me?
Pushing or pulling me into what she wants
Like a mechanic taffy machine
Giving me a see-saw of emotional based extremes
Hurting me on a regularly consistent basis...

Yet the pain lessens each time I open up my eyes
Making me stronger every moment that passes;
As if Life is training me to succeed.
Overcome,
Persevere.
Convincing me to notice all of life's subtleties;
It's complexities to see them within myself.
Showing me what I am made of
Capable of...

Life-
Tempting me,
Luring me to step wrongly;
Testing me to see if I have learned the past lesson.
Committing it to memory as a hidden truth.
Readying me to the next life lesson
Double checking to see if I had forgotten it.
Keeping me on my toes to bring out my full potential
So that I may shine;
On the outside
Like the brilliant sun exuding outward of my body for all to see...

Life-
Put me through hell and back
Having me burn in the fiery flames to remove all of my impurities
Unmasking the veils that have disillusioned me;
So that I am fit to be of the light and walk within it
Giving me back the spiritual memories of my heaven
Love in it's purest form.
Revealing Life's hidden message-
The true version of me.

© 2009 Ashlee Elizabeth Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment